General Warren Emergency Co. No. 2

From Rockland Apparatus
Jump to: navigation, search
Haverstraw Fire Department
Address 25 Fairmount Ave, Haverstraw
Coordinates 41°11′43″N 73°57′54″W / 41.195285°N 73.964880°W / 41.195285; -73.964880
Agency overview
Established May 15, 1854 (1854-05-15)
Facilities and equipment
Rescues 1
Website
Official Website


History

On May 15th, 1854 the Warren Engine Company No. 1 was organized and joined the Warren Fire Department. The first fire attended by the company was mutual aid, and was to Garnerville, NY on September 7th, 1854. It involved a barn a little west of the Garner home, what is now 18 Railroad Avenue. According to the Village Minutes a petition was presented to them on March 31st, 1870 “praying the Board to Change the name of Warren Fire Engine Company No. 1 to General Warren Engine Company No. 1, which was, on motion, granted. Thus the metamorphosis of the company name. Under an Act of the Legislature passed April 14, 1874 the Corporate name of the Village was changed from Warren to Haverstraw and the Fire Department was changed accordingly. With the discarding of the old hand engine and the receipt of the new hose carriage, the company name was again changed in 1887 to General Warren Hose Company #2. Upon receipt of the 1936 Seagrave rescue, the company name again was changed to General Warren Emergency Company #2 to reflect it’s mission; a name retained to this day.

Name History

  • Warren Engine Co. No. 1 (1854-1870)
  • General Warren Engine Co. No. 1 (1870-1887)
  • General Warren Hose Co. No. 2 (1887-1936)
  • General Warren Emergency Co. No. 2 (1936-Present)

Active Apparatus

Retired Apparatus